µMatrix: A point-and-click matrix-based firewall, with many privacy-enhancing tools. For advanced users.
µMatrix put you in full control of where your browser is allowed to connect, what type of data it is allowed to download, and what it is allowed to execute. Nobody else decides for you: You choose. You are in full control of your privacy.
Out of the box, µMatrix works in relax block-all/allow-exceptionally mode, meaning web sites which require 3rd-party scripts are likely to be “broken”. With two clicks, µMatrix can be set to work in allow-all/block-exceptionally mode, which generally will not break web sites. See https://github.com/gorhill/httpswitchboard/wiki/How-to-use-HTTP-Switchboard:-Two-opposing-views for more details on this topic.
* See ALL the remote connections, failed or attempted, depending on whether they were blocked or allowed (you decide).
* A single-click to whitelist/blacklist one or multiple classes of requests according to the destination and type of data (a blocked request will NEVER leave your browser).
* You do not have to solely rely on just one particular curated blacklist (arguably with many missing entries) outside which nothing else can be blocked: You are in full control.
* Ease of use: µMatrix lets you easily whitelist/blacklist net requests which originate from within a web page according to a point-and-click matrix:
– domain names (left column)
* from very specific
* to very generic
– type of requests (top row)
* CSS-related resources (stylesheets and web fonts)
* XHR (requests made by scripts)
You can blacklist/whitelist a single cell, an entire row, a group of rows, an entire column, or the whole matrix with just one click.